Best Tent Heaters For Winter Camping That Are Safe & Affordable
Camping is not the same anymore these days. There is much modern equipment that can provide the ultimate experience while camping. Especially, when we talk of camping in winter, these new devices can help you out a lot in making your camping out a great and stunning memory to cherish.
A tent heater can be among those essential instruments you need to have these days while camping out in the winter. One needs to understand the importance of this device in a chilly place like the USA during winter.
It is something that can save your life.
You can never underestimate weather conditions while you are in a camp. In winter, exclusively in a terrain high above sea level, things can get very challenging. Temperatures can even fall below 0-degree Celsius in snowy places.
Keep in mind that you need to take all pre-requisite precautionary measures in order to prevent your fun camp from becoming a disaster. Health is an important issue that crucially needs to be taken care of.
Hence, you cannot ignore the role of tent heaters. They are not just devices that can make your body warm, but they also keep the surroundings in the tent very much normal. There can be other reasons why a person should choose a tent heater as an essential device in a camp.
On the other hand, there are different kinds of tent heaters available online. In this article, we will tell you the best tent heaters for winter camping that you can opt for.
8 Best Tent Heaters For Winter Camping in 2021:
1. Campy Gear 2 in 1 Portable Propane Heater & Stove
If you are looking for both savings and efficiency in one tent heater? Then yes, this particular product is the perfect one here. This tent heater is one of the best devices you can see online when it comes to accessories related to tents while camping.
It is a two-in-one tent heater that people can use while camping and even on a normal day in your backyard. This tent heater is not limited to providing heat, but it is also a gas stove that can help you to cook.
Isn’t it amazing? the fact that you have a device that allows you to save a lot of space? It has an output of 13,000 BTU, and it is powerful enough to spread 360-degree heat. You can just save a lot of room for other things on the camp as you can easily carry this little stove cum heater within a limited space.
On matters of customer satisfaction, the company provides you with an extended one-year warranty on the product.
2. Mr. Heater MH9BX Buddy Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
Mr. Heater provides you with one of the best tent heaters here. The tent heater is very safe to use. There are three different materials used in the making of this tent heater; nickel, plastic, and steel. The heater is portable, and hence you can carry it anywhere.
This heater is also very efficient with fuel consumption. The burning rate is low, but this doesn’t make it a bad device for use. There is a fold-down handle with the tent heater, included with a regulator to adjust the heating. It can run for a max time of 3 hours without stopping.
Overall a great device for use. It is designed in such a way that you get full protection from the extremely cold environment surrounding you. The outer body is coated with a red color that seems attractive.
3. Mr. Heater MH4B Little Buddy Indoor Safe Propane Heater
The company never leaves you out of surprises. Here is a product that looks very different from all the others in the market. When we talk of portability, it is among the most compact devices seen to date.
It is very efficient in spreading heat in rooms as big as one with a dimension of 95 square feet. This heater has a specific 45-degree angle and can provide you heat over the arch. There is a low oxygen shut-off system that can be very helpful.
Usually, Tent heaters are known to have a big demerit that they cannot regulate the heat according to the oxygen content in the room. Hence, this can further lead to poisoning. But, when it comes to this portable heater, it is good enough to detect the oxygen level in your tent and can switch off automatically.
Therefore it saves you from carbon monoxide poisoning. The outlook is very simple, with basic on and off buttons on the device. The heater has a grill to protect you from the heating panel inside. The device looks cute and compact making it worth the purchase.
This heater is very much different from the other heaters we mentioned in this article. It is an electric heater that has no use of propane. It comes designed with a PTC Ceramic material that will act as a heating element. The ceramic heater is so fast that it can heat up the surroundings in just one second.
You don’t have to suffer in winters with the cold in tents. If you are planning to carry batteries to your camp tent, this might be among the best heaters you can carry. It is very easy to operate, and you also get an option to oscillate the heating elements.
There are other features, such as the option where you can set the amount of heat you want in any situation. This means that you can use it according to the cold outside. It doesn’t produce irritating and loud noise as other heaters do.
The device comes along with special overheat protection. This means you don’t have to worry while sleeping, as this device will automatically tip over if your room gets heated too much.
5. Givebest Portable Electric Space Heater with Thermostat
All the heaters mentioned in the article so far are not as good as this one when it comes to providing accurate heat and cooling in different weather. It has the special feature of providing instant cooling during summers.
The compact nature and the versatile modes available make it one of the best tent heaters you can buy from the market. You also get an amazing customer response from the company; hence any defect or problem while operating could be solved in seconds.
It makes noise less than 45 decibels, which is almost negligible to the ear. Your normal ceiling fan makes a lot more noise than this. It is a highly rated product and is specially designed to provide efficient results.
However, not many people use it for camping.
6. Camping Mini Heater with Portable Stainless Steel Camping Stove
Next on our list is a mini heater that you can use while camping even as a stove. It has special metallic protection, which also gives a fantastic look to the device. The stainless steel is very much resistant to hard conditions one can have while camping.
You can trust the heater in very unpleasant situations to provide a good amount of heat in order to make your tent warm. It has a vented design with special grooves at the base. This groove makes it stand firm without a lot of problems. It is so compact that one can get confused and claim it to be a small jar.
There are 24 hours working support that can help you to solve the problem. It comes in an orange color coating, and this makes it even more eye-catching. All over, the product is incredibly good for use as a Tent heater.
7. Martin Portable Outdoor Camping Infrared Propane Gas Heater Parabolic
If you are looking for a heater that doesn’t cost a lot of money and can give you good performance, then this can be the product you are looking for. The design of the heater makes it a device that can provide sufficient heat.
It has simple controls, and you can choose between high, medium, and low flames. You can attach a metal dish with this product to achieve heat in a specific direction as you might require.
It also includes an auto shut-off that can help you to avoid running into bad situations.
8. Honeywell 360 Degree Surround Heater with Fan Forced Technology
You can trust this device with the fact that it is great in providing surround heat. It is an approved product which can be easily used at homes and in tents with full efficiency.
It provides a clear burning with complete protection from the heating element. There are facilities such as Auto Shot down available with the heater. When it comes to energy savings, the special technology this company uses makes it a highly effective device.
It comes with two different heat settings, and hence you can use it accordingly in different seasons. Furthermore, it comes in a shiny black color which makes it look elegant.
How to choose the best tent heater for winter camping?
When you are camping outdoors, one of the risk factors that can keep you awake all night is hypothermia. Human body temperature tends to drop in the night while we are sleeping, as our body is not performing any task and all organs are rested.
When camping in cold weather, the temperature of your campsite will start falling after the sun goes down. You can start a campfire to keep yourself warm but inside a tent that is not feasible. So night times are the worst.
But not to worry, the solution is easy, and it’s called a tent heater. But, you have to dig in a bit to find out which tent heater is going to be your heating companion. It is totally worth it! So without any further delay let’s dig into it.
Know your tent heater
With so many options available, sometimes it gets confusing to choose the right heating device based on your camping needs. To save that trouble, first, you should know the types available and their usage.
Mainly, based on the use of fuel there are three types of tent heaters are available-
- Butane: If your next campsite is remote or in the snow-covered mountains. It would not be wise to carry a butane tank. Butane uses more heat to warm up the tent as a higher temperature is required to turn liquid butane into gas.
- Electric: The most common type of indoor heater is the electric type. The reason being the wide-scale availability of electricity. But, in a campsite, especially in remote locations, it can be hard to get enough electricity.Then again, if one has some form of electricity such as a car or battery, it can be a good and effortless heating option.
Apart from these three, there are few wood or alcohol heaters that can also be used. But, in terms of reliability propane heaters are your best shot if managing electricity is troublesome.
Features to take into consideration before you buy a tent heater
- Heater type- We have made a classification based on the fuel type. Depending on the availability of the source of fuel, shortlist your heater options. The second factor is weather conditions; liquid fuels need a specific temperature to heat up. Keeping these two factors in mind, make your decision.
- Tipping feature- It is a safety feature. If by any chance your heater falls off or you kick it while asleep it can lead to a fire and fire can cause unfortunate mishaps. The tipping feature enables your device automatically in such situations.It keeps you safe and you can sleep peacefully putting the worry aside.
- Size/Weight- Camping journeys feel enjoyable and seamless only if you are able to fulfill all your necessary needs without carrying a load like Hercules on your shoulder. Lightweight and compact-sized heaters are ideal to use inside a tent.Indoor heaters for residential or office purposes can be heavy and bigger in size. So, read the product specifications carefully to compare the weight and size.
- Noise- People who prefer to sleep noise-free than machines that make plenty of noise are not your call. Look for an option that makes the least sound possible.Remember, camping requires a lot of activities so it is important for you to get a good night’s sleep so both your mind and body feel rested.
- Affordability- Camping tent heaters are available in a wide price range. Go for the one which fulfills all your criteria and does not exceed your budget.
- Warranty/guarantee- Depending on the brands, you can get a heater option that comes with the manufacturer’s warranty or guarantee. Well-known brands provide a warranty of up to 12 to 18 months.
- Two in one- Some heater options can perform dual tasks. On one hand, they supply you warmth and on the other hand, they can be used as a cooking top or stove. You do not have to carry a tent heater and a camp stove separately.So it not only saves weight and space but also saves up money.
- ODS- ODS is another safety feature. An Oxygen Depletion Sensor is capable of sensing oxygen levels inside the tent. At any point, if the oxygen level of your tent falls down it is going to switch off automatically to save you from further trouble.
- Tent and Heater Sizing- Last but not least factor that you always should keep in mind is to choose your heater according to the size of your tent or vice-versa. If you have a two or three-person tent then a small-sized heater would efficiently keep the tent insides warm.But, if you have a larger tent that provides space for a number of people then a single small size heater would not be able to provide the necessary warmth. In the case of a larger tent, you have to arrange a larger-sized heating device or else use multiple heaters.
Finding the perfect heater for your tent among so many options could be confusing. The best way to buy one of these is to look out for the heater that solves your purpose.
America receives cold differently in different regions, and your choice must be dependent on the region you are going to use it in. It is better to have a greater number of modes or setting in a tent heater.
Campy Gear 2 in 1 Portable Propane Heater & Stove is an excellent option and ideal for all your outdoor activities like camping, hiking, and hunting.
Another affordable and easy to use option is Mr. Heater MH4B Little Buddy Indoor Safe Propane Heater. Though heaters are important to keep up the heat one should always be careful while using them.
Thank you for reading!!
People Also Read: